Welcome, , to the Tech Support, Guidance & Workshops course.
This course contains IT support and guidance regarding the various OCA facilities including the following sections, along with a brief overview of their respective contents;
- Technology Workshops: Information regarding the monthly Technology Workshops hosted by the TEL Team, including Technology Workshop Registration.
- Google Support & Guidance: Support and guidance regarding the use of your OCA email account and subsequent Google applications, such as Google Drive and integrated applications, Google Groups and Google Meet.
- OCA Learn Support & Guidance: Support and guidance regarding OCA Learn, the college’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), used to access course materials and resources, submit assignments and receive feedback, and engage in student and tutor group work.
- OCA Spaces Support & Guidance: Support and guidance regarding OCA Spaces, the college facility used to create a website, journal or learning log using WordPress.
- Padlet Support & Guidance: Support and guidance regarding Padlet, an online collaborative whiteboard too.
- Panopto Support & Guidance: Support and guidance regarding Panopto, the college’s media server, which can be used to upload and record audio and/or video.
- Further Support & Guidance: Ad hoc support and guidance which isn’t specific to one of the aforementioned facilities, and also includes the TEL Team Q&A and the General Discussion Forums.
- Tutor Support & Guidance: Inaccessible to students and contains tutor specific IT support and guidance.
Available immediately below, you'll also find the Personal Tech Support, Guidance & Workshops Notepad (Padlet), which can be used to develop and store your own notes, including but not limited to; documenting various processes or guidance, links to specific activities, resources or guidance etc.
This course is a work in progress and intended to be in a constant state of development, with changes and/or additions based on student feedback. All changes made to the Tech Support, Guidance & Workshops are documented on the Tech Support, Guidance & Workshops Change History spreadsheet.
Below, you’ll find the Tech Support, Guidance & Workshops Padlet, intended to give students an insight into the course's structure, development and future intentions. Using the Padlet, students are invited to provide feedback in order to shape the development of the course.
Furthermore, you can also help contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of this course by completing the following Tech Support, Guidance & Workshops Feedback activity.