Critical Review

Critical Review

by Elizabeth Hulatt-Richardson -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, I'm a bit confused with the critical review part.

As part of ATV there isn't any writing of a critical review. Does anyone know if I have to submit anything for this part? Like assignment reflection?

In reply to Elizabeth Hulatt-Richardson

Re: Critical Review

by Edward Smith -

Hi Elizabeth,

You're right, there isn't a Critical Review in the Textiles 1: A Textiles Vocabulary (TX4ATV) course unit, which means that you can leave the 3. Written Element sub folder of your assessment GDrive empty.

In reply to Edward Smith

by Moira Ratmoko -

Hi

Edward, does the same apply to the Fine Arts BA regarding the Critical Review?

Thanks

In reply to Moira Ratmoko

by Edward Smith -
Hi Moira,

It depends on the course unit you're submitting for assessment, not the degree programme, as each programme will have a requirement for this on some of it's course units (or in some cases the majority if not all). Which course unit are you preparing for assessment?
In reply to Edward Smith

by Moira Ratmoko -

Hi Edward

Thanks for your fast response. I'm preparing for the Sculpture 1 Assessment. Am I supposed to hand in the Research sections of the Student handbooks?

Thanks

Moira

In reply to Moira Ratmoko

by Edward Smith -
You're welcome Moira,

To confirm, there isn't a Critical Review in the Sculpture 1: Starting out in 3D course unit. You may wish to select pieces of your research under the assessment requirement 'A selection of learning log entries' to evidence meeting learning outcomes, but this will be up to you to decide.

I hope this clarifies what applies to your current course unit.