Learning outcomes for "Introducing Illustration"?

Learning outcomes for "Introducing Illustration"?

by Tera Pruitt -
Number of replies: 2

The assessment guidance asks us to identify our learning outcomes, and  the instructions point us to a link of learning outcomes for individual courses, but my unit "Illustration 1: Introducing Illustration" isn't on the list. 

Where can I find the learning outcomes for 1.1. "Introducing Illustration"? (Are they the same as the older "Key Steps in Illustration" version of the unit, or are they different?) 

In reply to Tera Pruitt

Re: Learning outcomes for "Introducing Illustration"?

by Manuela Menchi -

Hi, I am a student like you in your same position. I was pointed out this link https://learn.oca.ac.uk/mod/page/view.php?id=23055

I hope this is useful. Perhaps you can also ask your tutor.

All the best, Manuela.

In reply to Manuela Menchi

Re: Learning outcomes for "Introducing Illustration"?

by Tera Pruitt -
Thank you so much for the helpful response, Manuela!

My tutor also pointed me to our feedback forms, where learning outcomes are also listed (the wording is slightly different in the forms and in the link above, but the content is more or less the same):

Learning outcomes in the feedback forms:
  • LO1: Apply the fundamental elements of illustration practice in response to tasks using a visible development process.
  • LO2: Introduce you to the process of illustration and to key technical and material skills.
  • LO3: Support the testing of basic image-making strategies, techniques and modes of observation that begin to develop a sense of the many possible forms your emerging illustration practice may take.
  • LO4: Introduce reflective thinking and initial contextual research to begin to explore and initiate a range of ideas and ways of working in response to a brief.