Plagiarism Checks.

Plagiarism Checks.

by Jasmine Wilkinson -
Number of replies: 5

Hello, I was just wondering when you have to submit your essays for plagiarism checks? Is there a deadline for this? I've just sent mine in for the upcoming assessment I was just wondering if that's too late. 

Thanks,

Jasmine. 

In reply to Jasmine Wilkinson

Re: Plagiarism Checks.

by Lee Webb -
Hi Jasmine, I have finished my course and I am also awaiting the invitation to the Autumn 2023 Assessment, which I believe the date to be 13th October 2023.

With that in mind, I also would like to know the answer to this question. The Assessment guidelines are a little ambiguous. One part states that plagiarism checks are done automatically and later, another part states you have to submit for plagiarism checks by sending an email to the assessment team. No part of the assessment guidelines gives timescales for this, although I am assuming that this is done once you have received your invitation.

Lee
In reply to Lee Webb

by Jasmine Wilkinson -
Hi Lee,

I have just received an email back with the below answer;

"We have not sent out the assessment invitations at this moment in time. These will be sent out sometime during w/c 9th October and will contain all the necessary instructions regarding submission and plagiarism checks.
Please refer to this webpage link for further details and deadlines.
At this point, as you have not received your invitation yet, we do not need to receive your report for plagiarism so please keep this somewhere safe until you receive further instructions."

So you are correct, we send in once invitations have been sent.

Jasmine.

by Edward Smith -
Hi Jasmine and Lee,

You may have seen the latest advice already on plagiarism checks, but in case you haven't, you no longer need to email your documents directly to the Assessment Team as an email attachment. We will take a copy of the relevant document/s from your assessment GDrive folders.

We're aware that there may be some now dated references to emailing the documents to the team - such as the Undergraduate Assessment Checklist document - so we'll look to update those to reflect the latest advice going forwards.
In reply to Edward Smith

by Jasmine Wilkinson -

Hi Edward,

Yes thank you I've seen the emails. I'm submitting my unit as a Padlet with my essay (which would need a plagiarism check) linked in. The file would need to be downloaded off the Padlet in order to copy it. Is this okay? 

by Edward Smith -
Hi Jasmine,

So long as the download is a word processed document in either .doc .docx or .pdf file format, then that should be fine for us to upload to the plagiarism checking software.