Date for summer 2024 assessment query

Date for summer 2024 assessment query

by Jennifer Wightman -
Number of replies: 3

I started my course at the end of May.  If the summer assessment date in 2024 is similar to this year, that will mean I would go beyond the year before the assessment actually happened.  Does that mean I have to go for the spring assessment and therefore only have 7 months to complete the course?

In reply to Jennifer Wightman

Re: Date for summer 2024 assessment query

by Edward Smith -
Hi Jenn,

Formal assessment occurs outside of your unit time, so you will have until your unit end date to complete the unit - that is to submit all work for the projects and receive all feedback from your tutor. Then, depending on the date you complete your unit, normally the date you receive your final feedback, you'll be invited to submit your work for formal assessment at the event that follows your completion date.

You can find the key dates and deadlines for assessment here within the Assessment Guidance resource. I hope this helps.
In reply to Edward Smith

by Jennifer Wightman -
Thank you Edward, I've also had clarification that I can start the next unit (at my own risk) if I haven't yet got the response from the assessment - a good thing if I want to avoid a long gap in my studies.
In reply to Jennifer Wightman

by Gwen Bird -
Hi Jenn,
I've just read your email re assessment/ starting a new unit, which has been extremely helpful. My current unit official end date is October '24, but I'm going to finish it well before then - however, it's going to be a struggle to finish it by the deadline of April 19th '24 in time for the Summer Assessment. It's likely that I'll finish it a few weeks after this date, leaving a long gap until the next Assessment. This has been putting me under quite a bit of stress, and I've not been enjoying the course because I've been trying to rush it.
I was always under the impression that we couldn't enrol on the next unit until we had received Assessment results from the current one , but if we can do so - at our own risk - this would be an enormous relief. I've emailed 'enquiries' for clarification.

Kind regards,
Gwen.