timetable for autumn assessment

timetable for autumn assessment

by Peter Canter -
Number of replies: 14

Should I have received instructions for submitting my work for assessment in the autumn round by now. I have registered for assessment and thought I would be uploading the work during August. I can't find any 2022 dates anywhere.

In reply to Peter Canter

Re: timetable for autumn assessment

by Jennifer Higham -

I have been wondering the same thing! Though I haven't found any information about where to register for autumn assessment either! The dates for last year were as below so I'm assuming there is still time to apply...

Assessment EventAutumn* 2021
Deadline for receipt of application
31 August 2021
Earliest date for submission of work**
15 September 2021
Deadline for submission of work30 September 2021

In reply to Jennifer Higham

by Peter Canter -
Thanks Jennifer, I also found that info since I posted. So I’m a month too early! I applied for assessment ages ago and it looks like you have until the end of August to register.
In reply to Peter Canter

by Jennifer Higham -
Whereabouts did you apply for assessment? I'm probably being very dozy but I can't find a link anywhere!

by Peter Canter -
Here: https://learn.oca.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=201#section-2
In reply to Peter Canter

by Jennifer Higham -
Thank you - much appreciated! Especially as it looks like I just didn’t scroll down the page far enough!! Not a good start…

by Gwen Bird -

Hi Jennifer & Peter,

I also applied for the Autumn Assessment, again, following the dates from last year, but haven't had any confirmation of having done so as yet. I'm wondering whether we get confirmation after the deadline for application, which I'm assuming is Aug 31st? If the same dates as last year apply, we should get sent the G Drive to upload our submissions in mid September, because it's usually between 15th & 30th Sept to submit the Assessment - but it'd be nice to know......

Good luck with your Assessments!

Gwen.

In reply to Gwen Bird

by Peter Canter -
Gwen, I had an email confirmation back more or less straight away when I applied for assessment. I’d apply again or email them if I was you.
In reply to Peter Canter

by Edward Smith -
Hi Peter, Jennifer and Gwen,

Hopefully you have all received the student wide email that went out this afternoon to confirm the new key dates for the 2022/23 academic year. A copy of this email has been put into the Announcements record here in the Assessment Guidance resource for all students reference.

If you have any other queries following this announcement, you're welcome to start another topic on this forum or you can email the Assessment Team directly using the following email address - assessment@oca.ac.uk
In reply to Edward Smith

by Peter Canter -
The post about 2022 Autumn assessment doesn’t give an earliest date to actually submit our work. Would that still be mid September or has everything slipped back 2 weeks?
In reply to Peter Canter

by Edward Smith -
Hi Peter,

Though we don't have an exact date yet for the earliest opportunity to submit, we expect there to still be a 2 week window in which to upload your submission for assessment, which would align with your query about the dates moving on 2 weeks from what they would have normally been for an Autumn event.

Hope this helps.
In reply to Edward Smith

by Penny O'Dell -
Edward - when the exact date for the earliest opportunity to submit is released , HOW will it be announced and WHERE??
thanks
In reply to Penny O'Dell

by Carol Hoy -

Hi Penny,

I was confused by this as it has all changed. I emailed the assessment team and they said:

The deadline for application/invitation is 23rd September and early in the week following that date, you will receive an email to your OCA account with details of GDrive link, and other important information.”

Which is a bit frustrating because I’d arranged holiday to get everything uploaded and sorted over this next week (I can’t change it because everyone wants holiday in September). It looks like we have until the 14th October to get everything uploaded.

Good luck with your assessment

Cal

In reply to Carol Hoy

by Angie Fox -
Ive just found your thread, thank goodness Im not the only one !! I too have arranged holidays etc around the 15th - 30th September dates and did not receive an email regarding the new arrangements. thank you for pointing me to the announcement.
I am waiting for a tutorial and have asked about the new dates but no reply yet.

Angie Fox
In reply to Angie Fox

by Edward Smith -
Hi Penny, Cal and Angie,

Thank you for your posts, and thank you Cal for sharing the response to your email to help out your peers.

The latest email from the Assessment Team can now be found in the Announcements section of this resource. I'll make a link to the Autumn 2022 dates and guidance email here if anyone would like to refer to it more directly.

I hope this answers any remaining queries about dates and deadlines.