Assessment dates

Assessment dates

by Alan Walters -
Number of replies: 3

Well I’m wondering if I have read all this correctly. If so, my aim to finish photography 1.1 in 33 weeks so as to complete a degree in six years not nine seems rather pointless as I can’t be assessed until the “spring” despite aiming to complete by 1st December ….so potentially several months of idle time.

My question is have I missed one of two things?

A….that I have read this wrong and I can be assessed in December/January?

B…. That this should have been obvious to everyone at the outset and that I missed it? 

I do appreciate “spring” means different things to different people 

In reply to Alan Walters

Re: Assessment dates

by Emma Beebee -
Hi Alan,

I'm not sure if you've found the answer go your question yet, but I finished my first year in December and submitted for the Spring assessment. I enrolled on my second module immediately after completing the first module. You can start a new module before assessment dates. Just make sure you factor time into your schedule to prepare for the assessment event (I took a week for mine)
So I finished year One in December, started year two in January and submitted year one for assessment this Spring.
I hope this helps?
In reply to Emma Beebee

by Alan Walters -
Thanks for this.
It is really kind of you and much appreciated.
Isnt it a shame though, that all this is not made clear - I have just found the dates for 2022 which indicate that "Spring" is actually January - but I cant see any dates for 2023
Thanks again it really helped settle my concerns
https://learn.oca.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=201#section-2

In reply to Alan Walters

by Edward Smith -
Hi Alan,

Apologies I was not able to respond to your forum post sooner, it's been a busy couple of months.

Thank you Emma for assisting Alan with his queries, it's very much appreciated.

Hopefully you will have both received the student wide email that went out this afternoon to confirm the new key dates for the 2022/23 academic year. A copy of this email has been put into the Announcements record here in the Assessment Guidance resource for all students reference.

If you have any queries following this announcement, you're welcome to start another topic on this forum or you can email the Assessment Team directly using the following email address - assessment@oca.ac.uk