Learning outcomes & discipline specific guidance
Visual Studies guidance
Visual Studies 2: Understanding Visual Culture (AH5UVC)
Learning OutcomesOn satisfactory completion of the unit you will be able to:
- LO1 identify relevant and appropriate sources of information and application to the visual and textual analysis of art & design
- LO2 critically evaluate, analyse and synthesise appropriate critical and theoretical texts in the context of studio practice
- LO3 demonstrate a range of research skills, methodologies and understanding of the relevant forms and modes of information, including textual and electronic
- LO4 demonstrate an appropriate understanding and application of theoretical and critical research methodologies to the analysis and evaluation of areas of art practice and practical work
- LO5 critically analyse the relationship of practical work to theoretical study through a body of work
Advice for Understanding Visual Culture 2 unitFor assessment, please submit:
- Your Critical Review
- Your Parallel Project
- A selection of practical work from your assignments with 1 to 3 relevant links to your learning log - Select files showing and evidencing your practical assignment work with 1 to 3 links to your learning log that contextualises the practical work and connects to the learning outcomes.
- A selection of written work from your assignments with 1 to 3 relevant links to your learning log - Select files showing and evidencing your written assignment work with 1 to 3 links to your learning log that contextualises the written work and connects to the learning outcomes.
- Your reflective presentation or evaluation.
In the above points, you have the opportunity to choose learning log entries that add to the written/practical work and also address the learning outcomes. You may find some entries emphasise more of one than the other.