Confused with old and new assessment and which is which

Confused with old and new assessment and which is which

by Dawn Tomlin -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I have had so many links to look through that the old assessment guidance and the new are becoming mixed up as neither have dates on them.

I am on EYV and for the portfolio of creative work has two different criteria popping up in links and conversations:

(1) It is a selection of 10-12 pieces

(2) 3 assignment outcomes or 3 pieces of work

Any pointers would be great as the link I was sent in my submission email just says a portfolio of work without an example.

Dawn

In reply to Dawn Tomlin

Re: Confused with old and new assessment and which is which

by Edward Smith -
Hi Dawn,

Yes there have been a few versions of assessment guidance produced since the first digital assessment event owing to the pandemic so I can understand your confusion. Hopefully I can clarify things for you now.

My understanding is that when we first brought out the guidance for digital assessment, we used references such as the '10 - 12 pieces of creative work' across the visual art and design subjects to cover as many subjects as possible with overarching guidance. A couple of events later we saw that this was not the clearest guidance for Photography as this sometimes translated as 'submit 10 - 12 stand alone images,' which obviously can mean a lot of work for one subject and just the one series in Photography, or a selection of images taken out of their series' context.

We amended guidance for Photography to allow for the creation of photographs in series, hence the advice to select three out of the numerous series of images created across the different course units. This meant that there was no specific limit on a number of images in a series, and thus left this decision to the student, how many images did their chosen series for assessment require, and not a 'strict 10 - 12' overarching guide.

I hope that this clears things up for you now Dawn, and I'll provide a direct link here to the current Photography guidance in this resource (correct link as of 24/01/2022).

All the best with your assessment.
In reply to Edward Smith

Re: Confused with old and new assessment and which is which

by Dawn Tomlin -
Oh thank you for clarifying this for me... You have been a great help!

Dawn

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 at 18:00, Edward Smith (via oca-learn) <